Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 20, 2015

My oompf is fading

I still have a lot to do. I was thinking of going ahead and starting the bread baking, but it looks like a storm is about to hit and I don't have the bread maker on any sort of surge protector, and I don't want to have it stop in the middle of things, so I'll wait for a bit. I went to the library since they'll close at nine, and I thought the act of driving the short drive would pep me up a little, but no. I'm thinking of taking a small nap, although there is the danger it will turn into a sleep at this point. But no one said it had to be done at once; I'd just like to get it done. But the nightstand is now easy to use, the TV area is nicely organised. If I could at least get the plants and fish taken care of tonight, plus the bread, I will be happy. The closet items and clothes would probably be the most useful things to do in the long run, I must admit, but I could do those another night. The finances I can't do anything about, actually, until payday, which is later this week. So we'll see. But for now, I am going to try to take no more than a 30-minute nap. Wish me luck!

No comments: