Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Looking forward to a quiet evening at home

We're not going to watch the movie tonight, but I'll see if we can sometime this coming week. In the meantime, I didn't go to the farmer's market, but I did go to the library and on a Kroger run, along with a trip to Incredipet to get some feeder goldfish (I don't feed them to anything; they're cheap and tend to work well in my tank, which always has high nitrates despite my efforts, so when I told the girl that, she netted some of the prettiest ones--she seemed happy to be saving them from a short life). I got a plecostomus as well, to eat the algae. I found the lights that go to my new aquarium hood on half price, so I got two so I have a full complement, one of the daylight ones and one with red LEDs alternating with the regular to bring out the colours in the tank. Once I got home, I put the special one in the middle and the others on either side. The fish seem happy. I went from two medium-sized goldfish in the big tank to about sixteen fish altoghether, including the pleco. The feeder goldfish are on the small side, so I think I did okay on the whole fish inch per gallon ratio. While I was at Incredipet, a small evil dog was running around without a leash and under absolutely no control by his owner. He hiked his leg and peed on a display at one point. The guy tried to put a halter on the dog and when the cashier tried to help him, the dog lunged at her and tried to bite her, so she said she didn't feel comfortable and asked the owner to adjust the halter. He seemed put out. Really, I wish people took responsibility for their animals.

While I was over at my friends' house, a helicopter was flying very low over the area and there were lots of police cruisers running around. Turns out some juveniles had stolen a car, didn't stop when the police told them to, and wound up on a chase where the car eventually crashed into a cruiser and they fled on foot. They caught them. I hope the owner of the car was insured.

Okay, I think I'm going to open up the windows (it's a beautiful day, now that the rain's gone by) and do some relaxing. I'll try to write later.

No comments: