Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Up in the middle of the night

Having given my monthly libation to Hekate (yes, the moon is just past full--I'm on another schedule that has to do with my menstrual cycle, as I have been for years. Once I hit menopause, I'll go to the standard time of dark of the moon). I checked the news a bit and I"m about to take my Lantus. I'm feeling much better after managing to get the tension in my neck and back to ease. My headache is a little better thanks to the rain finally moving in.

On tomorrow's agenda, I plan on:
  1. Going to the library
  2. Going to the farmer's market
  3. Doing the grocery run
  4. Watching Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters with YKWIA (I have the DVD out from Netflix)
The game notes, thankfully, were finished last week. So far we seem to be on target for playing Sunday.

Today I called the colonoscopy place to see if I needed to meet with the gastroenterologist before doing the test, and the answer was no. I'll need to ask Brandon or Brenda if one of them can take me since I'll be sedated, so it looks like it might be the middle of October sometime. I also scheduled a mammogramme today for mid-October, and while that fits with my other appointments (I didn't want too many in one week, and the first week of October will be busy, busy, busy), it occurs to me that I'll be pre-menstrual and having my boobies squished will probably hurt more than normal. Oh, well. The important thing is to get it done. That takes care of the three main cancer screenings (I had a Pap on Thursday). None of them are particularly fun, but they are important to do. Okay, I think I'm going to go back to bed. Good night.

No comments: