Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, September 01, 2013

A nice weekend so far

Listening to Of Monsters and Men, 'Slow and Steady'

Friday was a very long day, one where I played catch up on various things, and mostly did manage to. But it was so nice to get away from work that afternoon. I went to Gabriel Brothers and went purse-shopping, with success. A friend asked me to bring some creamer over and we watched Disney's 'Beyond Witch Mountain', and then I came home, tried to work on the notes without success, and went to take a nap that lasted far too long. I was just so tired.

On Saturday I got up a little early and made the bed, folded the laundry, and did a few things around the house. Then I went over to my friends' house and helped get everyone to the Indian restaurant (Masala, in Beaumont) by around noon. We had a lovely buffet meal. I especially liked the vegetable korma and a dish I don't remember the name of, but which had eggplant and potatoes in it. The naan was great. I even had a couple of gulab jamun. This was in celebration of a friend's birthday, and afterwards he was having a real craving for Baskin Robbins ice cream, and it turned out there was one at the end of the shopping centre. So we went there and had dessert. After returning to their house, we watched some videos, including the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. It had some good moments, but I really prefer the original. Robert Englund, in my opinion, is Freddy Krueger. He simply isn't replaceable.

I finished the game notes early this morning, then overslept. Today was the game, where we progressed a bit and I think we're set to go for next time. We also did the grocery run today, as well as the normal game preparations. I got home a little after 10 pm.

Tomorrow I am totally free. I have checked and the YMCA is open shorter hours, but open. I think I'm going to try to go. I also plan to do some reading and some video watching. The house is in good shape; I just need to make the bed and do about four dishes and some flatware. Really. So tomorrow is a day to have some fun on my own.

No comments: