Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I have accomplished everything I set out to do today, yay!

Everything I mentioned earlier got done, and I went over and did the grocery run and then watched an episode of 'Alphas' with YKWIA. Plus, I had A over tonight (at my house) without going all nervous and anxious at all, and we watched the movie Silver Linings Playbook, which was quite excellent. The acting was great, and the issue of mental illness was handled well. As someone with bipolar disorder (thankfully controlled with medication, which I take regularly), I could relate and at times felt uncomfortable in how close it hit home, but it was nevertheless a lovely and uplifting story. I had a lot of plot points figured out, but that was actually kind of nice. It was certainly never boring. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper did such a good job, and Robert DeNiro was great as the father who in some ways, was the craziest in the whole family. I loved the mother, Jacki Weaver, who I think was the sanest.

Now I've taken him home and I'm just relaxing. It's nice not to have to stay up really late or get up super early to finish the notes; they're already in my Dropbox folder and ready to access tomorrow. The voice recorder is in my backup; the batteries are charging. I'm not 100% sure we'll be playing tomorrow, but I'm ready if we are.

YKWIA shared a bit of trivia with me today. Ryan Cartwright, who played Gary Bell in 'Alphas', always seemed familiar to me. Turns out he also played Vincent Nigel Murray in 'Bones'. He was actually one of my favourite characters on that show. I haven't seen many episodes of 'Bones', but I saw most of the ones he was in, and the last episode he was in. He has a very good American accent on 'Alphas' (he's British), and does an excellent job in both roles, but especially that of someone with autism in 'Alphas'.

Okay, I think I'm going to listen to some music and then maybe read a bit. Have a good night.

No comments: