Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 02, 2013

It's been a very peaceful day

I've done quite a bit of reading, and finished the last novel of the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mysteries. I enjoyed it, although I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending, which I will not go into here to avoid spoilers.

I'm finally ready to go into the pool but it looks like it could rain any minute, so I may not be able to get in after all. We'll see. I didn't go to the Y though, as I was really into the book and was loathe to put it down. And no, I can't walk and read at the same time, even on a treadmill, without getting a bit motion sick.

I also found that once I got up and got a shower, I didn't want to rush into a re-potting craze just yet. I didn't feel like going out and getting pots and potting soil, when the plants are probably fine for now. I'll try to do that on another weekend soon. I think they'll be fine so long as I do it before winter.

I spoke on the phone with a friend a little while ago and was invited to Thanksgiving dinner there. :)

So that leaves the evening ahead. I think listening to music and watching videos is in order to make a peaceful day complete. Then tomorrow it's back to the grind.

No comments: