Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Up WAY early

to take care of that comforter that got upchucked (and who knows what else) upon by my friend's puppy--the now 67-pound puppy with the touchy stomach when it comes to riding in cars, who thinks she's still a lap dog when it comes to Brenda. :) This is the first I've stepped into our laundry room for the complex since September or October (it has fairly steep stairs, but also a railing). Cokes are now $1.50, up 25 cents. :)

I checked the news and at least two of my friends (Brandon and A) are going to be terribly disappointed over the ACL injury Nerlens Noel of the University of Kentucky sustained during the last basketball game. He will be out for the rest of the season. Even I, who do not follow sports, know that he's their star player. So that sucks for what is known collectively here as the Big Blue Nation. I wish the young man well. Now speculation is whether he'll return for another season at UK or go straight for the NBA. Personally I think they shouldn't be allowed to just breeze into the NBA after just a year and should stay until they get their education, but that's me. I'm very pro-education and somewhat indifferent to sports, except as a means of acquiring said education.

Wow, that's two sports-related posts in one week. That has got to be some kind of record.

No comments: