Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

I actually wound up

Cuddling up in bed and reading the rest of Witch Way to Murder by Shirley Damsgaard, the first book I've completed this year. It was a gift from a friend, and I enjoyed it so much I ordered the other six books of the series in paperback from Amazon. They should be here Friday. It's been awhile since I've read a nice paperback book; I forgot how comfortable they feel in the hand, and how handy they are in a purse. [I love the purse I'm currently using; not only is it purple, but it can carry a paperback, my Kindle, my tablet, and all the diabetes, glasses, and other supplies I need to have with me. Oh, and my camera and wallet. :)] Most of the library books I get are hardback, and of course most books I get these days are on the Kindle. These are available in other formats, including Kindle, but I got the others to match the format I had the first book in.

I also broke down and bought the complete series of a show I loved as a child, and still really enjoy--M*A*S*H. The price has come down so that you save more off the list price than it now costs, and I thought it might become unavailable if I waited too much longer. It worked out to be about $2.61 per disc (there are 36 discs, including the original movie, all eleven seasons, and bonus features).

My foot was throbbing terribly towards the end of my reading and so I got up and walked around a little and that seems to have helped. I'll take some Tylenol before bed to make sure it doesn't keep me awake.

Tomorrow I work, I need to pick up my meds from the pharmacy (I would have today, but they had to order one, and it should be there tomorrow, so I thought it best to just drive across town the once), go to physical therapy, and then over to my friends' house.

I'm sneezing up a storm, despite my Claritin. There's something, trees, I think, that blooms in late January, early February that sends my allergies into overdrive. It's always when I first notice buds on maples, although I must confess I haven't looked at those of late to see if they are open, I've just noticed it before, but I don't know if I'm allergic to those specifically. It could be something else. But I actually had an asthma attack on my way in to work today, which is rare for me. I have a rescue inhaler, but even when I got to work I had a hard time getting air and talking. I guess the allergies coupled with the cold air triggered it. It's no fun. Thank goodness my asthma is mild and I rarely use my inhaler.

It's only 10:30 but I think I'm going to head on to bed. I need to leave work a bit early to get to the pharmacy and then to physical therapy, so I'm going to try to go in early. Hope you have a good night.

No comments: