Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Okay, I got a bit distracted

I found the way to update my phone's firmware, and that took awhile. I also had a couple of albums that were put into my Cloud player at Amazon thanks to their new AutoRip feature, where you get the .mp3 version of the physical album that you've bought. One of them was for an e-mail account I still have, but isn't my main Amazon account, and I bought the CD in 1998. (It's the 10th Anniversary Les Misérables concert.) I didn't remember even having that early account. So I had to recover that account to download it. Plus, it's a three CD-set, so it took awhile to download. Then I had to switch back to my regular account to get Doctor Horrible. I got the mini SD storage card for my phone today, and had put that in earlier, but I moved all my music that I had on the internal storage to there, plus the new stuff. I have a full gamut of music--Celtic, show tunes, modern rock, metal, pop, oldies, etc. I'm probably the only person under 50 in this town to have Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood on their phone, for example. :) Anyway, all that downloading and transferring has taken awhile, but I think it was worth it. Now I think I'll head on to bed--I'm starting to get bleary-eyed.

No comments: