Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 18, 2013

The kitchen took quite a lot out of me

There were a lot of dishes of various types, but I also pulled things out of cupboards and either recycled/threw them away or found better homes for them. I had a huge hoard of grocery bags to recycle [and I'd actually taken a lot out at one point when I first got mobile], and there were jars I'll never use. Of all of the jam jars, etc., I just kept a Ball canning jar. Everything else went. While I was off I bought a collection of plastic containers and then a couple people actually gave me some, so I needed room for them. Which reminds me, I need to return one to Brandon. I've only had it since mid-December. :)

So both hand- and machine-wash dishes are clean. The counters are clean, the stove and kitchen island are clear and wiped down, and everything's in its place. I really should go through the refrigerator to see if anything needs to go, but I'm not going to at the moment. That can wait till later tonight. Right now I am going to take a break and then get the laundry together for tomorrow. I've excavated the area around the computer but I need to get the rest of the living area finished, especially the loveseat and a table. That will at least bring it back to normal. If I can do that and get all the trash and recyclables out, I'll be happy with a day's work. But for now, I'm going to go do something not related to housework for a bit. :)

No comments: