Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Somewhat amused

The very first thing I bought for the car--on the very night I brought it to Lexington--was a window scraper for frost and snow. Just now I went to put the comforter in the dryer and two of my neighbours are in their car dealing with a very thick frost by using the window wiper fluid in their car reservoir and their wipers to clear off the front, a rear defrost for the back, and they're letting the side windows go up and down in an effort to clear them. I was going to offer to let them use my scraper, but surprisingly, they're doing well for the front and back, and I guess they'll get there eventually. But I was amused. If you don't have a garage, a scraper is pretty necessary in our climate (and even then, many people have them). Granted, I've been caught without one and I've used a card out of of my wallet that wasn't too important. But I've never actually just seen someone laying on with the windshield wiper fluid in the hopes of melting the frost, especially in sub-freezing weather. Even with the additives in the fluid, I'm surprised they did as well as they did, although I'm sure it would have been faster with a scraper. Just saying....

Oh, well. I think I'm going to lie back down for a bit while the comforter dries (but get up in plenty of time to deal with my own frosted car). Hope you have a great day.

No comments: