Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 11, 2013

Had a lovely evening

at my friends' house, and YKWIA cooked dinner, which was very tasty. I did very little, just chopped some parsley and chives, and then I loaded the dishwasher and did the remaining dishes. In return for that, A is going to help me with game preparations on Sunday. It was a fish soup, an entrée of fish and potatoes, and a beet salad with dressed eggs and a rémoulade sauce. We had a good visit, both while he cooked and while we ate.

Earlier today I had the bright idea of taking a short walk during my break. My goal was five minutes. I walked around half the parking lot, or about 0.4 miles, in a little over six minutes, and my ankle and back certainly felt it. So I'm glad I was able to sit most of the time tonight. I'm also so glad I have the car; I could barely do the distance I went today; that's the same it would have taken to get to the bus stop, and there's no way I could have done that last month when I needed to get to work.

I've been in a great mood all day. It was sunny, about 50 degrees (hence my yearning to walk around outside). I'd had a fairly relaxing weekend, and had gotten some rest. I did some cataloguing today and ran a comparison of books on the shelf vs. the online catalogue and discovered I'm actually much closer than I thought to completely cataloguing the collection, which is one of my goals this year.

Tomorrow there's more cataloguing to do, plus data a big day for data entry. I don't have physical therapy tomorrow; there was a spine clinic they were running and their hours didn't work with my schedule, but I'm already on the roster for Thursday. Tomorrow I also should get a package--a storage case for the DVDs I got the other day, since they're put in cardboard sleeves that will abrade them over time when used, and a mini SD card for the phone.

One of the things I like about my phone is it's so easy to read everything. My Huawei Comet had tiny print on the texting; this has much larger print contrasted against different coloured balloons. I mainly text with Brandon, but I'm finally able to really get words typed properly without misspellings being saved, plus there's more contrast in the design. The internet is still easier to see on my tablet, but it's readable, and it has multi-touch, something the Comet didn't have (you tapped to make things bigger, to an extent). It has great sound and video quality, takes decent pictures, and all and all I'm loving it. I showed it to one of my co-workers who has an iPhone 5. Apparently the Samsung Galaxy S III is bigger than one of those. Anyway, I'm enjoying it. One of the nifty things on it are these 'hidden' back and menu buttons that show up on what looks to be the front casing, only when you need it. Otherwise it looks completely like there isn't anything there.

I think I'm going to turn in for the night. I hope you had a good start to your week. Good night.

No comments: