Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Just got home

I've worked, gone to the pharmacy, gone to physical therapy (and had a better session today than Tuesday, when all my muscles were tight and painful), taken a friend to the grocery for a few things and a bus pass, and eaten dinner with my friends. Now I'm home, in the process of becoming comfy, and it's so nice that there's just one more day till the weekend.

I made an appointment for tomorrow to have a couple of small things in the car fixed. One is that the cigarette lighter doesn't work (not a biggie; I don't smoke--but I can't charge a phone either). That's probably a fuse or something like that. The other is that the fan on the heater only works on high. That's probably a resistor. Neither are big fixes, so I'm going to leave work a little early, get it over there by 4:30, and have them look it over.

On Saturday I'm going over to T-Mobile's store to see if I can upgrade my phone. Mine has been a pain to text with (it runs a very old version of Android, Froyo, and the Swype keyboard stores all typos directly to the dictionary, then autocorrects to them later. Also, I have hardly any space on the phone for applications, as the ones that came with the phone bloat it to the point, if updated, that nothing else can go on. Applications like Facebook are getting huge these days. So wish me luck in finding a deal on one that will last me a couple of years that I can load with useful and not-so-useful applications and really use.

No comments: