Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A little bit of spring



I know it's still pretty cold, but I saw these at the store and brought them home to cheer the place up a bit. Aren't they beautiful?

Earlier I was waiting for a friend at an appointment, so I watched the third episode of series one of 'Downton Abbey' on my tablet. Then I played a little Snood and Ninja Chicken and texted Brandon. My friend was in there for awhile, obviously.

It's been a long day and I think I'm going to go do a little reading before bed and then turn in, but I thought I'd post the picture. There was another I tried to get while we were in a drive through earlier but you couldn't read the signs clearly enough. One said 'Faith Covenant Church'. Next to it was a simple sign, 'Laundromat'. It's at the strip mall behind McDonald's and Chase Bank on Richmond Road. YKWIA, who was in the car with me, pointed out for them that 'cleanliness really is next to godliness'. He has such a deadpan humour. :) I wish that picture had come out, but alas, that was not the case. I'll try sometime during the day and see if it comes out clearer.

Okay, I'm going to get my shoes off and crawl into bed with a good book. Tomorrow I have to work and have three appointments. Wish me luck.

No comments: