Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 18, 2013

I should probably put the reading off

(I never thought I'd say that.) Looking at the weather, we're going to get rain in about an hour. But on the other hand, it is very windy. That's supposed to die down by the morning and the rain is supposed to abate before I go in to work. Since I'm already undressed and comfy, I think I'm going to err on the side of reading and just take everything out tomorrow morning. Here's hoping the Weather Channel's hourly forecast is as good as it usually is. If I get wet, it will be on my head, in more ways than one. None of the trash is the type of stuff to spoil overnight, and I simply don't want to go back out again unless it's an emergency.

So I'm listening to Natalie Merchant's Ophelia and gathering the things to be charged up to the bedroom. I'm going to read for a bit and then go to bed early, so I can get up early in the morning and finish my work. It's been a good day off. The week ahead is pretty busy. It was good to have a three-day weekend to prepare. I have physical therapy twice, a doctor's appointment, and another I'm taking someone to. Plus work looks to be busy the rest of the week. I wish I had sent the menu home so I knew what they're serving tomorrow; I may cut up some salad makings and take some with me for lunch. I bought baby greens, Craisins (with less sugar), a cucumber, red bell pepper, yellow cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms, so it would make a fairly festive one, and it would be cheaper than the salad bar at work. I can always add a bit from there if I like (I love eggs on my salad, for example. Of course they're very heavy, so that's expensive. I have some in the refrigerator for that matter; I could boil some for breakfast and lunch. Hmmm....I could do that while I'm reading.) We'll see if I actually get up in time to do the rest or just run out the door in the morning.

Have a good night.

No comments: