Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lazy day

It only took just a little under 2 1/2 hours to do the game notes, mainly because it was mostly combat (and miserable combat at that, with two characters left standing, two near death--including mine--and two cursed by an evil sorceror), and I don't put it in blow-by-blow. Investigation sessions take much longer. Afterwards I took a couple of hours for a nap, now I've been catching up on the news and blogging. It's almost 7 pm. I haven't really done anything else like laundry, which I should, but I don't really feel like doing right now. Maybe later in the day. I should be working on the rest of the house, or the aquarium, or something. But it's nice to have a lazy day every now and then, isn't it? And of course I'm getting up super early tomorrow to go to the store and get ready for the game.

Next week I'm going to take off Thursday and Friday because we have a lecture series at work that curtails the number of sheets I'd be entering in since the doctors will be involved with the seminar rather than seeing patients or doing surgeries. A friend of mine, who insists I was born in March despite really being at the beginning of April, thought maybe that we could go to an Indian restaurant to celebrate, which sounds really fun. Then on Sunday, we're not having the game because Brenda's going to one of her doll meets (she an excellent seamstress and makes clothes for ball-jointed dolls) and she and others get together and well, I'm not sure exactly what they do. It sounds rather like grown women playing with dolls and taking pictures. But hey, it's a harmless hobby. So that's four days off, basically. So I'm going to try to do this week's game notes fairly early. But somewhere in all that I'll do some work on the house, too. Depending on what else is going on, I may try to go to my grandmother's, or do that the next week on Saturday, April 2nd, my actual birthday. We'll see what will work out best for them. I've called, but I haven't been able to get a hold of my mom. I'll try again today.

No comments: