Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm actually posting on a game night

I was quite satisfied with the game, although I really didn't do much other than make healing rolls and croak out, 'Is everyone alright' and 'Sorry I didn't do better'. But still, my character is alive, there's no permanent damage, and another character managed to heal about half of her damage. So there's hope that she'll be fine when all is said and done. Thank goodness for a kick-ass constitution.

It's been a very frustrating campaign, but it's almost through--just one-and-a-half sections to go. We learned some more of the nefarious plan. We still aren't sure what to do to stop it, of course, but I truly believe it will work itself out. My fellow player isn't quite as hopeful and feels like nothing we do advances our cause, and things just keep stacking up against us. Maybe it's good we'll have a break next week.

Of course, since this was an investigative session, I'll spend more time transcribing the notes. But it was broken up (we went to the grocery store about half way through, and were there for two hours because Brenda had a sheep emergency) and in retrospect maybe lasted five hours, so it'll even out. I need to do the notes earlier than normal this week, as I have plans towards the end of the week. I could put it off till next week, I suppose, but I'd rather not.

Okay, I'm tired, having gotten up at 5 am today. I saw the moon rise last evening and it was still pretty high in the sky this morning when I left to catch the bus, and I got to see it set. Tonight's moon rise was very nice, with a large reddish moon ringed by mist and clouds. I'm going to check the news and then head on to bed.

No comments: