Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm geeking out

I just downloaded (a genuine copy of) Office 2010 Professional Plus for $9.95.

Yeah. I know. I nearly choked when I read that, too. I thought it was a typo when I first got an e-mail about it. See, our workplace is upgrading throughout the whole system and so we got a special deal to receive a copy for home use for as long as our system has it and we're employed there. The download included Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, OneNote, plus more. I was running Office XP on my system. So you can imagine there have been a few changes along the way. I'm really pleased. :) In some ways it seems easier to navigate, once you figure out where everything is. And I sure can't beat the price.

I did forego the $12 backup copy on CD, which may eventually come back and bite me, but I put a copy of the download on my external hard drive, so hopefully I'm set if my computer itself crashes.

Ah, geeky happiness.

No comments: