Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm off until Monday, yay!

Of course, the last couple of days have been in the 70s; the next few are supposed to be in the 40s for highs, as a cold front is going through at the moment, with thunderstorms around central Kentucky.

Tomorrow the plan is to do laundry, go out to OfficeMax (I have a discount card through work) and get some toner for a friend and myself (we have the same type of printer), and maybe excavate the rest of the living room (mainly the love seat).

Friday we'll hopefully go out to an Indian restaurant to celebrate my birthday a bit early.

Saturday I have no plans as of yet. Sunday there's no game. So I really do have four days off.

Tonight I'm going to try to work on the game notes and get them out of the way, or at least get a good start on them.

But right now, I'm going to sit in the comfy chair for a bit and listen to some music. First though...

RIP Elizabeth Taylor, who did, indeed, live life to the fullest, and used her fame to raise money for causes such as AIDS research. She was a true Hollywood legend.



I will always remember her as a young girl in National Velvet the best. One movie she made, Raintree County, was shot partly in my hometown of Danville, Kentucky. The cast caused quite a stir in the area. The town library still has a collection of memorabilia, as far as I know.

No comments: