Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's kind of like magic, even if it is a lie

So I happened to be up for the change to Daylight Savings Time. I'd woken up to take my insulin and then posted the last post, with a couple of minutes to spare.

So what did I do? I watched my computer desktop. I have Windows 7 and I have one of those gadget clocks on my sidebar that looks like the ones you see in schools. Plus my desktop changes pictures every half-hour. So, I get to the moment, and lo, suddenly the clock turns to three, the picture changes, and we're an hour ahead.

I'm such a geek.

Okay, so we're really not an hour ahead. As YKWIA points out, time doesn't really do that. But we can muck with our keeping of time, of course, and we do, twice a year for dubious reasons.

While I am lamenting that now I have to get up in an hour and a half rather than two and a half, I'll enjoy getting off work while it's still light.

That said, I'd better get back to bed. Good night.

No comments: