Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Well, I suppose that was silly

you don't really care if I had a shower or not. Sorry, that was pretty much about as useless as some people's tweets. I think I'm feeling a bit manic today. That may be why I've made so many blog posts. Of course, in the past, I once had Blogger think I was a spam blog because I posted so many times in one day. :) So I'm doing better.

I spent a relaxing evening, with the exception of trying to slip my shoes on, nearly falling, crashing into a couple of things, and nearly taking a wind chime down. Have I ever mentioned I was a klutz? I took the trash out (I'm trying to limit it to a Kroger bag when I'm not actively cleaning, so I don't get fruit flies again) and went out to see the rising moon at perigee, the closest it's been to the Earth since 1993. Oooh. Ahhh. It was very pretty.

I got a phone call from the library telling me that a CD I'd put on hold has come in. I watched a couple of episodes of 'Bones', a show which I haven't really watched before, but have heard was really good (Bones is so much like YKWIA). I enjoyed it. I spoke with my mom and grandmother and made plans to go to Danville on my birthday. Then I spent some time on the phone with a friend. Now I'm listening to some music and am considering going to bed, since I have to get up about 4:30 or 5 am.

Another reason I've blogged, even when I didn't have anything meaningful to say, is that I'm not used to having so much free time in one day. I don't really know what to do with myself when I'm alone, other than read or go online. It's something I have to work on, being more comfortable with myself than with others. I know that's an odd hang-up. For years almost all of my energy went towards my friends or my work. Now I'm trying to learn to relax with just myself. I have more free time with the schedule I have now, and the lack of a car, so I think this is a good thing. Funny, but I did not normally have this problem as a child. I'd just play by myself or read. I especially have a hard time doing stuff at home. I feel comfortable going out to a movie or eating by myself, but I feel awkward at home. That's reflected by my house; I tend to hoard things to keep others out, but it also makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm trying to change that now, though.

Okay, enough about my odd psychology. I think I'll go to bed now. Good night.

PS When I was a kid in Louisiana in the 70s, the moon once rose as a huge orange ball at perigee, similar to the photo taken in Florida at the link above. I was convinced that it was Mars (hey, it was 'red'--I didn't understand harvest moons and atmospheric conditions yet) and it was headed straight for us. I was an odd child.

No comments: