Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Drumroll please...

Here are the web links to the Herald-Leader article by Heather Svokos.

Lexington Herald-Leader | 03/18/2004 | The evolution of the blog
-and-
Blog This (sidebar)

I really enjoyed the interview, and I enjoyed the article even better--I thought it was a very good overview of the pluses and minuses to blogging. It starts out with quotes from me, discusses other local blogs, and weaves in the details from the more general world of blogging. I think it'll do a nice spot for introducing people to blogs and also maybe getting people to realise it's not just about vicarious or voyeuristic reading or people who have too much time on their hands...it's about community and communication.

There's even a picture of me on the phone at my desk. My first words to a coworker when I picked up the paper were, look, I'm in the paper...and I'm under a really cute guy. (Fellow blogger from Louisville Justin Walker.) :) The pictures aren't on the website, but it's still nice to see yourself in print. (Now...if I just work on my writing, maybe I'll be one of those bloggers with a book deal.) :)

Anyway, have a great day. Obviously this has me in a happy mood, which is nice, since I'm still nauseous. It sucks to basically have morning sickness when you're not pregnant. Somehow, delivering an ulcer just isn't the same.

Also, I'd like to say it's a beautiful morning here in Central Kentucky, but it's actually rather chilly and gloomy and my allergies are running wild. Still, I hear it's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow. Do I dare hope for sun?

No comments: