Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

So far today I


  • Got up early, waking before my alarm went off, which is rather rare.
  • Picked up Dwana to run some errands before work.
  • Had a supportive friend help with the apartment situation.
  • Had to go 4 places just to get a money order, including my own credit union where they refused to give me one without proper ID (I'd left it in the car) even though I had cash in hand and was having it filled out to my apartment complex.
  • Paid my rent just in time so the apartment complex called their attorneys and called off litigation so I wouldn't have to pay court costs for another eviction attempt. Have I mentioned that all things considered, they've been very understanding of this lay-off and its results?
  • Got my apartment complex to agree to take my cheques again, now that I have overdraft protection, so I won't have so much trouble with the money orders. (When I first moved here, I had the first two cheques returned right off the bat. Part of it was pure mismanagement on my part--I thought the money was there and it wasn't. At the time, the credit union would not pay a cheque, unlike most banks. That was three years ago.)
  • Finished applying for the latest slew of jobs, except that I have to get letters of recommendation/transcripts for one.
  • Had a supportive friend help me with the job situation.
  • Mailed the job applications, praying as I sent each one.
  • Applied to a temporary agency so that I might be able to get some more money coming in.
  • Decided that maybe my luck was changing and that all in all, despite the stress, life is pretty good.
  • Especially since one of the other people who was laid off completely has lost her house and is living with her family, and is still trying to find work, and frankly, deserved a whole lot better.
  • And at least I didn't have to go all over creation on the bus, or walking, instead of the car. That would have taken all day.
  • And all the people I've known this week having issues with family, etc. make me realise that I'm just lucky that lack of money is my main problem.
  • In the meantime, I'm trying to get work, even if it's temporary, so money's coming in.
  • And I think I need to go to a doctor who will check into the ulcer thing more thoroughly. I'm tired of being nauseous all the time.
  • But at least I can go on towards my birthday without being afraid of being evicted.

Yay.

Later I think:

  • I should call my mom since I've been avoiding her since last month when she had to help me keep from getting evicted.
  • And while I'm at it see if John, my step-dad, has any older/smaller hard drives lying about that he'd let me borrow until I can afford one.
  • And thank Momma and John and D and D for all they've done for me.

Someone should:

  • Hire me!
  • Please. I'm even better in person than I am on paper, even though I sometimes have a hard time tooting my own horn.
  • I'm a dedicated worker.
  • I have a wide amount of academic, life, and work experience.
  • I want to put all this energy to good use.


PS One good thing about carrying crackers around for when I'm nauseous--Dwana took me out to Max & Erma's last night and there were two ducks outside the restaurant when we came up. I fed them a few crackers and they came right up to me. :)

No comments: