Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 13, 2003

What a great day...

listening to: 'Amazing' by Josh Kelley; 'White Flag' by Dido; 'Peaceful World' by John Mellencamp
feeling: Relaxed

I went to the gym and did a really good workout--about an hour and a half, including treadmill, bike, and weight machines. I finally found the leg curl machine! I can do those, but I can't do the machines where you push up with your legs instead--it messes with my knee. But I did a good, balanced bit with legs, arms, chest, and even did 50 reps of abdominal crunches. During part of the workout, one of the TVs had 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'--which I love. Of course, there was no sound, but one of the Jurassic Park movies was playing in the cycling theatre, so every now and then the abominable snowman would obviously roar and dinosaur sounds would come out from across the room, so that was fun.

I went by the store and got some fish, a frozen side dish of rice, carrots, and broccoli, some crusty rolls, and some olive tapénade (olive spread with feta, capers, pimentos, and garlic) and cooked a quick dinner and spent the evening with friends.

It's been snowing most of the afternoon, although now it's gone over to freezing rain, so I expect it'll be icky tomorrow. No game tomorrow--Brenda's son is going to a birthday party, but that's okay. Instead I think I'll help with some holiday decorating, etc.

Well, I think I'll play a little on the computer and then read more of the latest Rabbi Small novel I'm reading.

No comments: