Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 12, 2003

Catching up with the Friday Five

1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays? Not really. Having grown up in Louisiana, I actually get in the mood quicker when we have a sudden warm front come in. However, snow was always a special treat when I was growing up, so I still like it. I don't care for really cold weather, though.

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect? I'd like to just spend time with loved ones, maybe play board games, and have dinner, with everyone safe and warm.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions? I celebrate Christmas with my family, Chanukah with friends, and Yule at home. Since I don't have a firelplace, I can't really do a Yule log, although I usually get a small live tree to bring in. :)

4. Do you do anything to help the needy? When I can. I give to the bell-ringers and if I have extra canned goods or clothing I donate them. I'd like to volunteer time at a shelter, nursing home, or AIDS residence sometime during the holidays this year. I'm thinking of taking the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off, so I might be able to do that.

5. What one gift would you like for yourself? With the cold weather coming on strong, I need a scarf/glove/hat set...something warm and snuggy. It's on my Secret Santa list, though (along with a couple of books and a Spirograph™), so I'll wait until after we have our party next week before shopping for them myself.

No comments: