Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Okay, I'd expect it from the Americans, but really you would think the Brits would know better than

to include an Irish singer in their list of British sensations....

AN ENGLISH WEBSITE INCLUDED HOZIER AS A BRITISH ARTIST IN THEIR ‘BRITS BLITZ’ LIST
Hozier has become one of the most famous faces in music after his debut album went stratospheric, so he should be pretty well known at this stage.

The writer of the piece below even acknowledges that Hozier is, in fact, Irish, but she still claims that her publication are "happy to take him to our British bosom".
Um...no. He's Irish, from Wicklow, not from Northern Ireland, not from Britain, not British. What, if I were a famous musician, would she claim me because I happen to have genetic roots in Britain, even though I'm American? Doubtful. What about an Indian singer, since they 'used to be part of the British Empire'. I'm sure that would go over really well, too.

No comments: