Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Today's word is 'hot'

H-O-T. Hot. It is 95 degrees outside but feels like 105 due to the humidity. Even the hospital was a little sticky in places, and then I got off work and went across town to pick up a friend's medicine, and didn't feel like I should run the air conditioner since I don't have a lot of gas, of which I can't get more until Thursday, so I had all four windows down (or at least the two front and the two back were half-down, as that's as far as they go). Then I went to Kroger for stamps, dropped everything off at my friends' house, and now I'm home. I don't have the air conditioner on in here, either, because I'd like the house to be clean when they come to fix it, so I need to work on that this evening. Right now I have a small desk fan that plugs up to the computer that's helping. At night I sleep near a bigger fan as well. Right now I'm eating a peanut butter and spreadable fruit sandwich with a banana.

So, things I need to do tonight:
  1. Gather up the trash and/or recyclables and take them out.
  2. Move everything out of the walk-in closet.
  3. Dump the water that's been accumulating in a small plastic tub there.
  4. Straighten up the house.
  5. Review and read through chapter four of my training manual for the class tomorrow, which is on how the brain works and has a boatload of information.
  6. Water the plants.
  7. Add water to the fish tanks.
That's enough for now, don't you think?

No comments: