Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 08, 2014

So I've been sick for several days now, and I'm ready to be well again

It started with a scratchy throat on Thursday afternoon, then went into fairly mild cold symptoms the next day, so I went in to work anyway. But I stayed home and rested Thursday and Friday nights, and didn't do much of anything else those nights. I can't really complain; I haven't had so much as a cold for maybe three or four years now. Today I've mostly been in bed. i got up to take A to the barber and later to the grocery store. I figured that was safe given that I caught the cold from him, so he shouldn't have to worry about it. Because two of the three of us in the game are sick (Brenda has so far escaped this plague), the game in cancelled for tomorrow and I don't have to worry about the game notes, thankfully, until next week. I'm sneezing, coughing, congested, my nose and eyes are running, and I'm tired and achy, especially in the evening. I got home tonight, got something to eat, drank some orange juice I'd gotten at the store, and now I'm in bed listening to Linkin Park's A Thousand Suns, and blogging, but I think I'll have to blow my nose, put on my CPAP masque, and go back to bed for awhile, because I have no energy whatsoever. I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow; and at least by Monday, as it is my first day in scheduling where I'm not just training.

I won't say I won't blog again tonight, but I'm tired and don't feel like finding any interesting links. So, good night.

No comments: