Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I just realised that I'm dehydrated

During the warm part of the year,  my ankles swell terribly,  and so I take Lasix (furosemide),  a diuretic. Even early this autumn,  I continued to take it because when I tried to stop,  I swelled up as per normal.  But now it's cold outside and I haven't had any swelling for days.  But I have been drinking water like mad,  the equivalent of twelve glasses a day at least,  plus juice and soda,  and can't seem to quench my thirst. My lips are cracked,  my mouth dries out at night even with a humidifier on the CPAP.  I am drinking at least four glasses of water at night. My skin looks sunken and has trouble bouncing back.  I have had a headache on and off for days now.  So as of tomorrow,  no more Lasix or the potassium I take with it. Hopefully that will help.  And yes,  those were the doctor's orders,  to take as needed and stop the potassium if I stop the Lasix.  I just wish I had paid more attention and realised this days ago!

No comments: