Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 17, 2014

I need to catch up with series 8 on the DVR, having only seen a couple of them

'Doctor Who' Star Peter Capaldi Confirmed For Season 9 And 10; Will Jenna-Louise Coleman Return?
It looks like “Doctor Who” star Peter Capaldi will be driving the TARDIS for Seasons 9 and 10 of the BBC series. According to showrunner Steven Moffat, the 56-year-old actor has officially signed on to continue as the iconic science fiction character.

“Yes, he’s confirmed,” Moffat told The Hollywood Reporter at a London press event for the Season 8 DVD release. Meanwhile, there is no word on whether or not Jenna-Louise Coleman will return for Season 9. Coleman has played The Doctor’s companion for two years, one year longer than Capaldi has been with the show.
I guess that means YKWIA won't be watching 'Doctor Who' for awhile. He can't understand much of what he says, between the Scottish accent, low speech pattern, and the fact that British shows always seem to suffer sound-wise. I can understand most of what he says. I don't know how I feel about Capaldi yet, as I haven't seen much of the series this year yet. I do like that the Doctor is older. I'm of an age to appreciate the Classic Who upon which I was raised, primarily the Tom Baker years.

No comments: