Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

As a Kentuckian

let me just say that I'm sorry that we somehow managed to vote Mitch McConnell in for a sixth term. I certainly didn't do it--I didn't vote straight ticket, but I sure didn't vote for McConnell. I don't understand why we can't seem to 'Ditch Mitch' as one slogan ran a few years ago. Apparently a lot of people thought he should stay in Washington. I just don't get it.

On the other hand, another crazy election season is finally over. What gets me is how much money was wasted on bad and annoying, often completely false, campaign ads throughout the country. Imagine what good we could do with that money. If I were in charge, the first thing to go would be the political action committees and corporate lobbyists. Yep, straight to the circle of hell they belong in, at the risk of offending. That's my two cents' worth, anyway.

No comments: