Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Good grief

Woman intentionally struck by car after dispute involving two vehicles
A road feud that included a gun ended in a female pedestrian being intentionally hit and severely injured at a busy Lexington intersection, police said.

At Harrodsburg and Lane Allen roads, two vehicles with people inside who knew each other had an altercation of some sort about 12:30 p.m., police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said. A person in a white Kia pointed a gun at the people in the second vehicle. A woman in the second vehicle stepped out of it to confront the people in the Kia. The Kia driver pulled in front of the second vehicle and reversed, hitting the female pedestrian.
Her leg nearly needed amputating, according to the story. The police have arrested those involved, apparently. But it's very scary to think people like that are out driving. And I do wonder why anyone who is being threatened with a gun from another car would get out of their own to confront the other person. There must be some very bad blood between these people.

This was actually the second pedestrian to be hit in Lexington today, although I'm assuming the other was an actual accident. Watch out folks! I know what it feels like to be hit by a car, and I was aware of my surroundings and in the crosswalk with the light and it still ran over my foot and hit me, breaking my ankle, seemingly out of the blue, with the driver swearing he didn't see me even though I was in two extremes of coloured clothing, the sun was shining, and I was clearly in the sidewalk. Add things like darkness, bad weather, and the like, and it can be an absolute disaster. And even everything you can do can go to naught if you have a bat-shit crazy driver who is aiming for you.

So weird.

No comments: