Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 12, 2013

I got my passport!

That was great turnaround time--I applied on the 21st of June and got it on July 12th. Not bad, especially with the holiday. Granted, I'm not going anywhere on a specific trip for which I was waiting for it; if I had no doubt there would have been a delay. At least, by applying when I did, there won't be a problem should I decide to take a road trip to Canada or finally make it to Great Britain. :) I never had a passport, even though I was a military brat, because we never left the country. So this is fun for me. Soon I should get the passport card (which you can use instead of the passport for Canada and Mexico) and the identifying papers (you have to submit originals, not copies, or rather certified copies, such as the birth certificate you get from the Vital Statistics office or in my case a court-ordered name change. :)

Today has been an excellent day. I'm off just a bit early. The plan is to go exercise a little closer to six, when open swim starts. In the meantime I wanted to check my mail (yipee!), get the support hose off (I've had as much as I can stand for one day, but it has helped), relax for just a bit, and check on the little fish. Hope your Friday was as pleasant.

PS Just got a phone call with a request for a ride from work. Support hose will stay on just a bit more. Oh, well. :)

No comments: