Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 12, 2013

Strangely awake, without having taken a nap earlier

In fact, after coming home and lying in front of the fan with my feet up while texting a friend, I decided to go out to Meijer (because it was 10:30 and the pet stores had closed) and see if they had any of those small aquariums suitable for a betta, which I wanted for my bedroom. I found one that had a colour-changing bubble stone and small filter that was 3 gallons, a good size for one solitary fish, and much better than many bettas get, poor things. I also found a betta and some black gravel, but forgot the food, so stopped by Kroger on the way (I only have goldfish food for the other tank). I put everything together before realising that while the gravel didn't need washing, according to the directions, you should wait about 48 hours to put the fish in. So, I'm afraid he's still in his little bowl that he came in. But I gave him a pellet of food and he seemed reasonably happy. He's a blue-green colour, peacock colours and seemed feisty compared to the others, who were languishing in their little bowls. I hope he does well. I'll take a picture once he's in the tank. :)

No comments: