Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

It's midnight and I just got home

It was somewhat difficult to go to work this morning after four days off, but I did, and while it was a long workday, it was nice to be back in a routine. I received my copy of The Journal of the Medical Library Association (JMLA) in the mail, which was fun, as I have a book review in the current issue. After work I picked up a friend and we did some errands, got some food from Subway, and went over to his house. His husband and I watched videos for awhile and visited while he went to a meeting, and then we worked on some household things that needed doing. It has been an exceedingly long day, though. I came home and watered the plants outside and in, although it's not great to water this late outside; the strawberries in particular were very droopy, and there's little chance I'll remember to in the morning. I tend to get up, get ready, and scoot pretty quickly to work.

I'm trying to drink plenty of water today because I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and they'll likely try to draw blood again. Here's hoping they can get it in one stick!

I've taken out my contacts, gotten into a comfy sleep shirt, eaten some cereal, and now I'm ready for bed. Good night, everyone. Take care.

No comments: