Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

So apparently

If you do a whole computer scan with my antivirus software, then you need to restart the computer, and there may be difficulties. The laptop needed to be restarted; it refused to open the Chrome browser without doing so. The desktop not only did the same thing, but then got hung up on the restart and then it took forever for the mouse settings to revert to a left-handed mouse. This is not my day for technology.

I decided to listen to some music, then I napped for about an hour, so a lot of the tension went away (although perhaps a bit of it is creeping back in due to the computer issues). Then I texted with a friend for awhile. Now I've worked on the kitchen some and am doing a load in the dishwasher. I really need to do some laundry, but it's too late tonight to expect it to dry by the morning, I think, even though I have a drying rack for hand-washables. I think I have a couple of outfits left, anyway. I would do some regular laundry over at a friend's tomorrow, but I think that's one of his laundry days. But if I can get to the weekend, I should be able to get it done.

Oh, Vanessa Irvin Morris shared this on Facebook today, and I had to laugh. It's 30 Things Librarians Love, and I have to admit, it's mostly true. Number 1? Pointing out that you have to have a master's degree to do your job. This is especially difficult when someone with a PhD is standing there waiting for you to wrestle a copier into submission. Copier wrangling is not on my job description, exactly, but it is actually something I deal with every day, as I have two that are used by the whole hospital.

Tomorrow promises to be fairly busy as well, but hopefully things will slow down a little by Friday. At least I get paid tonight and Friday is jeans day. So the rest of the week has its positives.

I had thought about going to Meijer and getting something for a friend once I get paid, but I'm rapidly getting sleepy, so it will have to be tomorrow. He uses a certain product that was discontinued by Kroger, so we can't get it during the great grocery run on Saturdays. I was hoping to avoid afternoon traffic, but I may just go tomorrow. We'll see. I had my little burst of energy with the kitchen; now I'm fading. If I can get up early I'll go then, but the problem with that is it's nearly impossible for me to do so. My alarms are all set around 5:30 and that gets me up by about 7:40. Really. And that's with four alarms. I only heard one this morning, the Gentle Alarm that goes on for awhile, finally goes into a 'safe' alarm where it buzzes in case you didn't get up with the gentle music, and forces you to solve a puzzle to turn it off. That's really the only one that works, even though I have three other alarms that go off at intervals normally. Of course, my blood sugar has not been doing great lately, despite my attempts to rein it in. It's been pretty high every morning this week, so that might have something to do with it.

No comments: