Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday was cancelled due to pain

I went over to my friends' house to help with the Sunday chores, and over the course of the day my back and neck were really bothering me, and pain was going down my right leg. I kept nearly dropping things, too. So YKWIA sent me home to get some rest and I set up some music in the bedroom, and lined myself up with pillows to try to ease the back pain, and then I fell asleep. I've been in bed for about four hours, and have only now surfaced to get something to eat.

My neck hurts now, and my back (although not as much as it did). I have pain going down my arms and even into my fingers. The pain in my leg isn't as bad, but my feet and hips hurt. I am seriously thinking of going into the pool to relieve some of the pain, but there's numbness too, and that bothers me in terms of swimming, as there is no lifeguard or anything. But I think the buoyancy would help the pain and maybe relax the muscles some. My neck and shoulders feel like they're terribly knotted.

The weather, meanwhile, is quite pleasant, even spring-like. I managed to open the windows when I got home, and a light breeze is coming in. Maybe the cooler temperatures are partly to blame for the pain. I can hear kids down at the pool from here. So maybe the pool wouldn't be that relaxing after all. YKWIA just called to check on me, and he suggested a good long bath. I think I'll take his advice, which will no doubt shock him.

No comments: