Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Guess what?

Yesterday I finally went to the YMCA and worked out. I did a round of cardio and got my heart rate up to 140, sweated quite a bit, and generally had a good time. My friends and a co-worker really helped get me there through encouragement. I didn't go into the swimming pool because one, I was on this side of an asthma attack and it didn't seem advisable, and two, I'm still afraid of being the big pink blobbie (my swimsuit is neon pink). But as YKWIA put it, I should be the best pink blobbie I can be. People were all shapes, sizes, ages, etc., so I feel a little better about being there. I'm going to try to go tomorrow. A friend has a doctor's appointment (and I'm taking him) tomorrow afternoon, but the Y's pool doesn't have open swim till 7:30 pm, so it should be doable. Go me.

I sat down with someone more knowledgeable than I about diet and diabetes today and she helped me get a plan together for dealing with carbs. It's not extremely low-carb, fairly balanced, but she put together a good guideline that should help me track them, which will help my blood sugar and probably help me lose weight, too, so I'm going to put that in action. That, along with the exercise and going to the endocrinologist in a couple of weeks should help on the diabetes front.

I've been pretty busy at work each day this week. After work today I went and got a friend, went on a small grocery run, and then watched 'Ugly Betty', 'H2O: Just Add Water', and some stuff on Paula Deen with YKWIA. Before I left I fixed him dinner and now that I'm home, I've been texting with another friend. But I must admit, I'm fading fast. It's 11 pm already; the day has flown by. I should probably go on to bed. But I wanted to touch base here. I've got some news stories I'd like to blog about; maybe I can do that tomorrow. In the meantime, have a safe and wonderful evening. Good night.

No comments: