Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 13, 2013

We didn't have the game today

But I did make a yummy Mornay sauce. :) I cooked for a friend who wasn't up to doing it himself under his direction, spending the afternoon there. Dinner was excellent. Now I'm home and am considering turning in early, as I have a site visit for the Reach Out and Read literacy programme I oversee tomorrow, and it's at 9 am. I need to go in a little early to get ready for it.

I am sorry that I haven't blogged as much lately. Real life is kind of taking over, especially now that I have the car. I've gone from almost zero mobility to super-mobility in a relatively short time, although for weeks it seemed to drag. It's amazing, really. But I need to make sure I don't overdo it. I've been coming home from work and from their house quite tired. Cooking involves standing, although I've done what I can sitting down, like chopping things. But I'm doing a little better each day. And I did get some rest last night--ten hours, almost. I awoke to the patter of rain against my windows. I'm tired of the rain already, it's been doing it for days. But at least the car is rain-worthy now. Tomorrow's supposed to be quite cold, so I guess all that wet is going to turn treacherous tonight. :(

Alright, I'm all for getting changed and going on to bed. My feet hurt a bit and I'd like to get them elevated. Maybe I'll listen to some music for awhile. Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: