Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I crashed

I left work about 3 pm to take a friend to an appointment. Afterwards we went to the pharmacy and to Long John Silver's for dinner. I dropped him off, came home, got all comfy, and laid down with the intention of getting up in about an hour (sound familiar?) That was at 7:45 pm. Sometime around 10 I woke up briefly, then fell back to sleep for what I thought were mere minutes, and then woke up just after midnight. I got up, checked my e-mail, did a little accounting, and paid a bill. I knew I was tired from a very busy weekend, but didn't know just how tired. But I feel better. I'll go back to bed in a bit, but wanted to get up and write for awhile.

One nice thing is since I was waiting for him at the appointment, I went from chapter four to chapter sixteen in a book I'm reading (Witch Way to Murder, which I mentioned the other day), and so I'm about halfway through the book and enjoying it. I haven't read a paperback in awhile and I forgot the pleasures of tucking a small book in your purse and having it at hand when time permits. Granted, with my Kindle or tablet, it's likes toting lots of paperbacks, but it's just not the same, somehow.

I ordered something from Amazon today (not a book), and finally broke down and joined Prime. As a result, it looks like I'm on track to receive my item actually by tomorrow (it's coming from Indianapolis) rather than two days from the order, which is great. I decided between what I order, the free Kindle lending library, and the instant videos, it would pay for itself rather quickly. If I had wanted 2-day shipping on this alone, for example, it would have been $10 by itself.

Sears called today to verify my address for delivery of the box springs on Thursday. I went ahead and confirmed. They'll call me Wednesday night after 6 pm with a 2-hour window for Thursday. The only concern I have is that when I got the item plus delivery, I don't think they included the haul away. Recovering from my ankle injury, I'm not sure I can, even with help, get my old box springs to the Dumpster area that's designated for large items. It's not far away from my building, but far enough. I either need to call and see if I can add that to the order or see if the delivery guys are willing, if not to haul it away, to take it to that area for me, as a backup plan. They may.

I think I'm going to try to get up a bit early tomorrow and do some straightening up. The apartment is starting to look a bit frightful. I still need to take the recyclables out, and the loveseat is piled high (I tend to use it as a landing area when I'm doing a lot of coming in and out.) Of course, I'd planned to do some of that tonight, but hey, we'll just shift the timing a bit. It doesn't usually take too long to get things caught up, it's just a matter of getting up and doing it.

Tomorrow is work and then physical therapy. I missed my last session because I did not feel well but I'm determined to do better tomorrow, although it may be my only session this week because Thursday may be an issue due to the delivery.

Okay, heading back to bed and to my comfy new blanket. It feels like being wrapped in teddy bear fur. :)

No comments: