Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A good day and evening

Work went well. I had to run out at lunch though for my insulin, which I'd almost forgotten to refill in time. And the doctor's office had put one box instead of two when they upped my prescription slightly, and the pharmacy caught that it would only have lasted about 12 days. I did leave the balance of my prescription in a refrigerator in a work kitchenette, so I have to be sure to remember it tomorrow.

I couldn't to the pharmacy after work because I had physical therapy, and by the time I'd have gotten out, they'd have closed. That was a very good session lasting from about 5:15 till about 6:45 pm. I did more steps than I had last time, and generally pushed myself to do a little better than before.

After that I checked in with friends to see if they needed anything, as one had called me while I was in PT. I ran by the grocery for some things for me and a couple for them and then went over to their place and watched 'House of Anubis' and did some computer troubleshooting. They gave me a lovely belated holiday gift, a blouse in a dark bluish purple that is one of my best colours. It is a sort of tunic (too short as a dress, but long for a blouse) and normal from the front but with pleats coming down the back that completely hides one's butt, which can be very useful for me. I'm looking forward to wearing it Monday (tomorrow is jeans day at work, and it's too dressy for jeans).

Now I'm home. Brandon had texted me, but I just got the message and it's a bit late to text back. I'll talk to him tomorrow, hopefully. I think I'll massage my feet a bit and head on to bed. I'm glad tomorrow's Friday--it's been a long, but good week. Good night.

No comments: