Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I always have trouble sleeping away from home

I probably didn't get to sleep until after one, even though I went to bed shortly after midnight. I woke up at five and now it's 6:20 and I think sleep has fled for the night, but I don't want to wake the house by getting up.

It's been a good visit so far. My mom found a cane her stepson had used years ago that it's the right weight for me, so I didn't have to get one from the pharmacy, which is good, for theirs were all quads or non-adjustable and in the neighbourhood of $40.

I've discovered that T-Mobile service does not extend to Stanford. I am roaming on AT&T, so when friends texted and called wishing a happy new year, I had to keep it short. Fortunately there's wifi for the tablet. Sorry, folks.

Okay, I am going to try the sleep thing again. Wish me luck! :-)

No comments: