Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I got an e-mail from Microsoft the other day

Telling me to activate my Windows Media Center (the program that is necessary to watch TV or DVDs on your computer) for Windows 8 with my key before the deadline of January 31st. This appears to be a mass mailing to remind people that of the deadline to activate the free keys that were given out to those running Windows 8 during the promotional period. I've already activated mine, but didn't remember if I had or not, and the instructions in the mailing don't work for doing so, at least if you have already. So if you come across it, and have activated your Windows Media Center, feel free to ignore the e-mail. You can type 'activation' in the Search box on Windows 8, choose Windows Activation, and if it is already activated, it will tell you that Windows 8 with Media Center is activated. Hope that helps some people out there.

PS I've also got an offer through our workplace and Microsoft to get Office 2013 Professional Plus for $9.95, much like I did with Office 10. So I'll probably go ahead and do that, too.

No comments: