Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A little tired and sore, but home

I did not fall up or down my mother's steps. That was a plus. I spent a remarkably good visit with my mom, stepdad, grandmother, the two dogs, and a somewhat shy cat. I didn't sleep well last night, being in a different place than normal, and I didn't have my semi-usual mid-afternoon nap either yesterday or today, in the hopes of getting back into the swing of things when I go back to work tomorrow. I'll probably go to bed a bit early tonight because I have to get up early for that, maybe around 10 pm.

I discovered that as is usually the case, whenever I go out of town my power flickers off and my aquarium pump and microwave need to be reset. I'm not sure why it happened, but I took care of that so the poor fish would have some circulation before sitting down to eat or unpacking. Now it is happily cascading in a proper waterfall.

The walking with a cane thing is working pretty well, although sometimes I forget to put the can down first before my bad foot.

My computer is acting weird. My printer keeps saying it is warming up and acting like it's going to print or scan, and Windows 8 is making some sort of happy chirping sound right before it happens. Who knows.

Alright, I think I'll go unpack. I've already chucked off my clothes, which smell of cigarettes, and traded them for a nightshirt (I do wish my mother didn't smoke; it's not good for her, of course, either). And then I'll get together the stuff for work tomorrow. I'm giving my co-worker back the walker she loaned me. And I'll pack the boot and Tylenol just in case. I did have only one major issue on the trip to Stanford--we went into a Rite Aid and my back suddenly started hurting horribly; I could not sit down fast enough, just from standing and walking around for about 20 minutes. This, despite being in my regular shoe and not the boot. I hope that doesn't happen tomorrow. But once I sat down for a few minutes, all apparently was forgiven, so if it does, I'll just try that and see how it goes. Thank goodness I no longer work in the gas station where so much of the work was standing. I'd still not be back. Yay for sedentary jobs. :)

No comments: