Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 07, 2013

Actually got home at an early hour and am not completely exhausted

This is my fourth work day since I returned and I'm feeling pretty decent. Last week my back hurt even walking for short distances. Today I had to walk quite a distance before having any pain. I've been pretty busy at work, and of course this weekend was busy as well, so there's been very little blogging. Sorry about that.

Yesterday I:
  1. Went to Bob Evans and gave a tip to a waitress. I'd gone out with friends on Christmas Eve for brunch and accidentally stiffed her on the tip. I went to the restroom and gave my friend my credit card to pay. He probably thought I'd put the tip on the table; I forgot to tell him to put it on the card. I still felt awful about that, so I called; she was there. I went over there and gave her $10 for the wait.
  2. Watched A clean their house and visited.
  3. Played the game, yay!
  4. Came home, listened to some music, texted a bit, and put my foot up. I was asleep by 9:30.
Today I:
  1. Called the hospital about a billing mistake.
  2. Made an appointment tomorrow for physical therapy.
  3. Talked to my home health physical therapist and made arrangements to return the cane he let me borrow.
  4. Did all my regular work.
  5. Talked to my mom. She has the car title and we are going to transfer it to my name officially on Wednesday.
  6. Did some insurance shopping online when I got home.
For tomorrow:
  1. Do my regular work.
  2. Go to physical therapy.
  3. Put some gas in the car.
  4. Start working on the house a bit. I have trash and recyclables to go out, for example.
I am so glad to be driving again. It is instant freedom. And it makes it much easier to get to work and back. Once the title is in my name I'm going to take it in and have it inspected, get the oil changed, and see how things like the brakes and tyres are doing. I got AAA the other day. That way I'm covered should something break down. It is an older car, after all. But I do feel it will be reliable.

I think I'm going to listen to some music for awhile and put my foot up. I'll try to write later, maybe find some interesting news to post about. Have a great night.

No comments: