Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Life is getting in the way of blogging, sorry about that

Tonight I picked some medicine up for friends and then cooked under the direction of one of them. I made cherva, a Jewish soup, a salad with arugula and Belgian endive as the base, and a saffron rice dish with red bell pepper. Then I sautéed some mushrooms and onions for further use. I may get this cooking down, eventually. I'm helping him out, but learning at the same time. However, I got home rather late and just rubbed my feet down with some oil and lotion and went on to bed for a bit. Tomorrow I should have a night free after physical therapy. I've been invited over for 'House of Anubis' but he is recording it, so I think I'll spend some time here and pay bills and do some other stuff around the house. I also need to work on the game notes.

I started reading a book that was given to me the other day called Witch Way to Murder. It is by Shirley Damsgaard and is about a librarian caught up in a murder mystery with some special abilities in her family. YKWIA thought it would make a good convalescing novel, although of course, as usual, his timing's a bit off, giving it to me AFTER I return to work. Of course, I didn't feel much like reading at all while I was out. I am enjoying it, though, having already made it to chapter three. I'll let you know what I think. It's part of a series.

Okay, time to take some Tylenol and go back to bed. I was woken up by some pain in my foot and ankle. It's been bitterly cold the last couple of days and I think that's making it worse, and standing tonight on a tile floor while cooking sure didn't help any. I'm going to have to take my kitchen mat over there or something the next time I cook. Have a good night, and I will try to get some blogging in. There's actually been some things I've wanted to write about of late. Hopefully I'll get that in tomorrow.

No comments: