Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

So tired

Well, my first day back to work was perhaps a bit ambitious, but it went pretty well, especially since I slept maybe four hours, tops. I neglected to mention earlier that I was able to get a car from my mom, and drove up from Stanford on my own last night, the first time I've driven in over three years. (I neglected to mention it because I have some friends who don't drive I wanted to surprise.) That worked pretty well, and so that added to the excitement of going back to work. I went to bed at ten, slept at eleven, woke at 1:30, and after that it was rather fitful at best. By 4:45 I was up. By 5:30 I was going out the door. I went to Kroger and then McDonalds's, exercising my newfound freedom. Kroger was hard to walk through; it's so big. I got to work at 6:45. Then I ate breakfast and hung out until time to clock in at 8:30.

Work was great. Many people welcomed me back. I did pretty decent with the walking. I stayed in my regular shoe with an ACE wrap. I got a lot done, including going through 2200 e-mails. After work I went to the pharmacy but ran into basketball traffic and almost didn't make it in time. Then I called my friends, said I was running errands and asked if they needed anything. I stopped at Kroger, got a couple of things, and then headed over there. They were shocked about my getting the car, I think. A even smiled to the person he assumed was sitting behind the wheel.  :-) I visited for about three hours, fixed a loose cable on the TV, and came on home. I've taken the wrapping off and my foot is fairly swollen. I think tomorrow I will try the boot while I am at work.

I've eaten and I think it's time to turn in. Hope I can sleep this time. Have a great night.

No comments: