Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 31, 2012

Well, drat!

I set three alarms, but even so, I woke up at 5 minutes till 8, about an hour after I normally do. I almost made the bus that comes after mine, which would have made me just 15 minutes late, but didn't, so I'll get to work about 9:15. I'm supposed to be there at 8:30. I usually get there about 8:15 and hang around for a bit before clocking in. I've called both managers, talked to one, and that's about all I can do until it's time to head out for the next bus.

It's the last day of the pay period, so I'll have to take that 45 minutes as PTO unless I can stay longer. I have so much to do today, for both jobs. But there's nothing I can do till I get there, I guess.

I'll be so glad when the work day is over.

On the other hand, I have clean clothes to wear, right? :)

No comments: