Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I think I deserve a nap

All 'nap' mocking aside, I have done the following since the last entry:
  1. Took out the trash AND the recyclables.
  2. Walked to Circle K.
  3. Walked from there to the farmer's market. Bought a small watermelon and two quarts of pear/cherry tomatoes for $6.50 total.
  4. Walked back home.
  5. Looked up bus times for one friend.
  6. Texted with a another friend.
  7. Took the bus to Kroger. Got contact lens cleaner, hand soap, toothpaste, deodorant, and garbage bags.
  8. Took the bus to Andover Shoppes.
  9. Gave blood. The folks at the Andover blood centre are super great and professional; I had no problems. So now someone can have some blood, and I'm entered for the Toyota Rav4 drawing. :) I did forgo the shirt; they can save it for someone else.
  10. Ate a nice meal at the buffet at Tandoor, an Indian restaurant near the blood centre.
  11. Took the bus to Mist Lake Plaza, off Richmond Road.
  12. Got my hair cut. (Not the wowing kind, but it was only $8 before the tip--they were running a special--and my bangs are out of my face. Plus, after two years, I finally got my card for a free haircut filled.
  13. Took the bus back to my home stop [after waiting while a woman hogged the only two seats at the stop and smoked clove cigarettes and spit repeatedly--ugh!] near the Eagle Creek Library (which is still closed until Monday for renovations. It's been that way since 7/31. I have a list of books I want to place on hold to have delivered there, but I can't until things return to normal because all holds that normally go to Eagle Creek are going to Tates Creek, which is a pain to get to on the bus:
    • Map of Time
    • Thieftaker
    • The Magicians and Mrs. Quent
  14. Walked home.
So now I'm drinking something and considering taking some naproxen (which I held off on for the last few days because I planned on donating blood), because my foot and ankle are really hurting, and just taking a nap.

No comments: