Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I woke up on my own this morning

which is always a nice feeling, as it usually takes three alarms, one that sounds like a rooster, to get me up in the morning, and even that can be iffy (I slept through all three the other day. Fortunately I'm usually early to work, so I was just a few minutes late by taking the next bus).

I'd set the alarm for 8:30 but woke up about 7:50 or 8, so still slept in by about an hour. Since that time I have showered, had some spa time with a manicure set and jasmine-vanilla lotion, made the bed (the less likely it will be for me to take 'naps'!), fed the fish, checked my blood sugar, properly medicated (although the Claritin pill tried to escape to the nether regions below the computer desk), eaten breakfast (a banana and some low-fat Greek yoghurt), and have started my water consumption for the day (8 fl. oz. so far).

It's a lovely day, sunny and only 62 degrees at the moment--and it's only supposed to go to 78. That's great, considering July was so very hot.

Things I may do today (I'm not calling it an agenda, and I don't plan to do all of them, but perhaps some:
  • Go to the Farmer's Market by my house for tomatoes.
  • Get my hair cut.
  • Go to Kroger and get contact lens cleaner, deodorant, and toothpaste.
  • Eat somewhere nice.
  • Work on the top of my dresser and chest-of-drawers.
  • Put away the clothes in the hamper.
  • Watch Grimm in preparation for the new series.
  • Do game notes/charge the batteries for the voice recorder, just in case we play tomorrow.
  • Watch a movie (at home).
  • Go to the pool.
  • Take out the trash.
  • Do the few dishes I have.
  • Listen to music.
  • Read.
UPDATE: It was too cool for the pool, I think. It only got up to 76. I didn't watch anything, but got a lot accomplished. I've got a call in about the game. Otherwise, I think I'll just read and relax.

No comments: